What are some good movies on Netflix or hulu

I’m not much of a movie buff, but I do like a good drama type story, war movies or a well made documentary .

I tried to find something this morning, but just didn’t want to read a ton of the little descriptions.

Netflix is 80% “a Netflix Production” trash these days.

I’d cancel it, but I’m too lazy.

3 Likes

my son pays for it and my daughter pays for hulu, It’s about time i reap the benefits of grown kids at home

2 Likes

The three 1.5 hour Dracula episodes are pretty cool; funny and scary! On NF.

1 Like

Penny Dreadful if you haven’t seen yet

or the series Dark

or Enter The Void

thanks for the suggestions, will check them out.

Rick & Morty is on Hulu. Love that shizz!

1 Like

I have tried a couple of times and came out of it confused. I guess I don’t “get it.”

1 Like

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is on Netflix. Never not a good watch.

The Haunting of Hill House is a really well done horror series.

3 Likes

I just got done watching the platform on Netflix .
I rarely watch movies but this one was interesting from beginning to end . Highly recommend
Kinda weird and deep In the end

Anyone got any updated recommendations?

1 Like

I just put on list. Sounds kind of like the “Human Centipede” in that the person at the end gets the worst meal...

1 Like

Gf just added Starz to Hulu. Ton of good movies on there

1 Like

One of the kids just rented Underwater, we have it until tomorrow to watch it on their account so we'll probably give it a look later. Sounds dumb to me but free is free. I expect low budget cheese and lots of dark screens. I'll give a review tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t know human centipede is a good comparison.
It’s more thought provoking and deals with capitalism very heavy .
A day later I was still very intrigued and watched some breakdowns and explanations of things and was even intrigued with the movie concept and impressed even more at the brilliance of the film.

Walstib , I’m going to see if I can find a trailer for underwater and see if it sparks an interest

1 Like

Only made it about 40 minutes into Underwater. Turned it off and played some Mario Kart instead. Pretty awful.

2 Likes

I watched the trailer last night. Haven’t watched the movie yet but the trailer made me think it’s like an updated version of deep star six

everyone here needs to watch Midnight Gospel on Netflix. It's amazing. From the creators of Adventure Time.

3 Likes

Amazon Prime has a great show and one my favorites....Bosch.

Such a good show if you like police detective shows.

I kind of fizzled out on Bosch, S2 maybe stupid asian gang tie in to drive by shooting of his ex wife?

I realized I didnt give two shits about her, then just stopped watching it.

I like how its got the two black dudes from the wire. Those Wire black dudes are all over hulu/prime/nf/hbo/showtime these days.

Its a cartoon? I added it to see whats what...

1 Like