Top 10 Sopranos Episodes

Just finished a rewatch of The Sopranos. Here's a very rough list of (what I think are) my ten favorites.

1. Pine Barrens (S3, E11)
  2. Funhouse (S2, E13)
  3. Whitecaps (S4, E13)
  4. The Test Dream (S5, E11)
  5. Whoever Did This (S4, E9)
  6. Long Term Parking (S5, E12)
  7. The Blue Comet (S6, E20)
  8. University (S3, E6)
  9. Employee of the Month (S3, E4)
  10. The Strong, Silent Type (S4, E10)

also gotta say on this rewatch my favorite character was actually little carmine. he rarely appeared but every time he did I'd be lmafo over one of his malapropisms or something.

I honestly can't think of a single acting performance that surpasses Edie Falco's in Whitecaps. Floors me every time I get to this episode.

Overall, I'd rank the seasons as:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 3
Season 5
Season 6, Part II
Season 6, Part I
Season 1

Just started watching again. Agree on Pine Barrons. Episode is perfect.

Not only is it the best and funniest ep of the whole show, it's one of the few that work really well as a self-contained piece. A lot of the others on the list are there because they're often the culmination of multiple seasons' worth of tension and plot threads, so they don't really have much power on their own, but Pine Barrens totally works standalone.

The only others I can think of that somewhat work alone are College, Irregular Around the Margins, University, Remember When, Sopranos Home Movies and to a lesser extent, The Test Dream and Members Only (mainly because of Eugene's storyline in that one)

Never got to int the Sopranos when it was on but in the years that followoed I did end up watching it. It was cool but I never thought it was as cool as others did.

I do remember the pine baron episode and that was pretty cool.
I also remember an episode where Tony sees someone they were after hiding out in some small town. I think he was there droppping off his daughter at college maybe, and ended up having to do the hit himself because know one else was around. Sound familiar?

If you want to talk about the top ten episodes of Oz I would love to have that discussion

oh for fuck's sake

re-rank

Season 2
Season 3
Season 5
Season 4
Season 6, Part II
Season 1
Season 6, Part I

Re-watching the show, and I think I was a little too kind to S4. It really drags at points, even if it has some amazing high points, and I underrated 2 in retrospect. What it lacks in big standout episodes, it makes up for with the consistent quality, not to mention it has an amazing conclusion and has pretty much everything that makes the show great save for the almost suffocating darkness that clouds the last three seasons, (especially the second half of Season Six) but even then that's a plus because it makes the tonal shifts more pronounced. That's not even to mention Richie Aprile, the best villain the show ever had. The fucking jacket episode has me in tears laughing every time.