There are no good cops.

If one of the racist pieces of shit on here wants to make excuses for this, I humbly ask that you kys. Cheers :v:

I got into it with a cop Friday . Luckily I was in uniform and on the job . But I told him to go fuck himself and flipped him off it was a good feeling .

3 Likes

With a 19 second clip and no context, It looks terrible and a simple case of murder.

"There are no good cops" is a blanket statement that has to be false based solely on stats alone.
800,000 uniformed police in the US (# active cops)
Approximate 1000 civilians killed by cops each year for the past 5 full years (just under 1k, but will round up to account for missing cases) independent database

with simple math, that equates to 0.00125 deaths by all cops.

If you compare that rate to civilian murders by non law enforcement you will see we are a country that just likes to kill.

Us Population (google search) = 328,200,000
ball park average per last 10 years murders 15,000 (link)
with simple math, that equates to 4.57038 murders by civilians.

Condemning all cops as bad is just like saying all US Caucasians or all Mexicans or all Muslims etc are bad because there are corrupt people in that demographic profile.

Yes, Police need to be held responsible and change needs to occur, but if we blame a whole group of people as bad, we do not change culture, just shift it to another group of people. That is the same basic mindset behind racism.

5 Likes

Even if there are "good cops" as people (i.e. ones who don't hate people of colour, don't abuse their partners/spouses, they're still upholding a system that levies heavy punishment on people who don't deserve it, often by means of unnecessary violence to the point of murder, as the police, due to unions and whatnot, make it incredibly difficult for reform to take place, and arguably impossible within it's current configuration.

No it isn't, because you can stop being a cop at any time; it's a uniform you can take off. You can't stop being Mexican or a Muslim. Also the means you have as a cop are inherent to the job, they're not the same as being a race or religion.

Thing is, I'd believe this if it hadn't been uttered a million times before when police have similarly massacred innocent black men and children in the broad daylight. But I'm really at the oint where I think policing in America, unless it comes along with a much wider societal change, needs a lot more than having a Diversity seminar or whatever dumbass compromise the gov't and the unions will inevitably come up with. It would need to be a pretty huge transformation for this to stop, because they're the problem here.

Also should add, the man who was shot seven fucking times while they were holding his shirt, his kids were in that car, and saw it happen meters away. If you want to defend the cops as people and as an institution, cool, but you're very much going to be on the wrong side of history IMO.

Also, it can't be murder because he's not dead, but was critically injured.

2 Likes

black people: they need to ignore the pervasive violence they grow up around and the likelihood they won't make it to their 30's because of where they were born, they need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps, and if they complain or don't get a good job, they're just dirty ungrateful and lazy welfare hogs!

police: ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᵃ ᵖᵒˡᶦᶜᵉ ᵒᶠᶠᶦᶜᵉʳ ᶦˢ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵈ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵃ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏ

My state.........

I'm disgusted this morning. Looks like murder to me as well.

2 Likes

It certainly doesn’t look good.

I still need more details and need to know that the guy wasn’t going to grab his gun.

Regardless, 7? 8? shots from close range is totally unnecessary when they had several opportunities to tackle the guy.

2 Likes

The whole Good Cop / Bad Cop question can be disposed of much more decisively. We need not enumerate what proportion of cops appears to be good or listen to someone's anecdote about his uncle Charlie, an allegedly good cop.

We need only consider the following:

A cop's job is to enforce the laws, all of them;

Many of the laws are manifestly unjust, and some are even cruel and wicked;

Therefore every cop has to agree to act as an enforcer for laws that are manifestly unjust or even cruel and wicked.

There are no good cops.

-- Robert Higgs

Unless they absolutely knew he was going for the gun and not just thinking when he went into the car it was the worst case scenario and went for the nuclear option, it sure as hell wasn't justified. and tbh, I doubt he was, seeing as no one just says "I'm getting my gun!", his children were in the car, he doesn't seem to be acting erratic in the footage, nothing has come out about a weapon being found on the scene, and it looks like the authorities are leaning towards the officers being in the wrong seeing as they have been placed on leave. @The_Nothing would they announce this soon if a weapon was found in the car?

they had the guy under control; they had him pulled by the shirt, and they still shot him seven times in the back, feet away from his children. fucking parasites.

1 Like

Cop shoots dude who had just broken up a fight without using a weapon on suspicion of him having a weapon.

Seems totally justified.

Oh, and people can blow off steam. Enough with the "YoU cAn'T sAy ThAt AbOuT cOpS" stuff. My father-in-law is a cop and I absolutely love the dude. You can say whatever you want about cops.

3 Likes

If they find something that they think justifies their bullshit, they tend to announce it right away. If they don't find it, they'll probably try to wait until any publicity dies down

2 Likes

Being shot down like a dog in front of his kids because "he didn't listen".

I would be the most pissed off ghost.

1 Like

Where's the non-lethal response?

It sounds like a taser may have gone off at the start by I don't think it did

My video? Yes, I think the dude was on something that let him power through the taser.

There are no good cops. They're all complicit in a corrupt, violent system. They all perpetuate a culture of racism, sexism and violence, either by actively participating in it or standing by and letting it continue. They're all completely inept at assessing and addressing problems with the mentally ill, or as seen in that video, people who are just having a bad day, and they make no effort to correct that.

I've dealt with hundreds of cops over the years and I'm yet to meet one that is actually concerned with justice or even, really, public safety. They're all low-talent morons who are just picking up a paycheck and the only time they exhibit any kind of concern for the public (apart from the occasional rescue of a child or elderly person), it's because it's someone with the same demographic background or a woman they want to fuck.

Being a police officer is simply being a thug that is employed by the government instead of a drug dealer. They don't give a fuck about you; they're just picking up a paycheck for dirty work and they'll fuck over anyone that they need to in the process.

3 Likes

They in it for the hero pussy .my parents live across the street from a state pig . He got his mail on other side of road on a sharp corner so a kid driving by swerves out of way and skids into his yard . Guy pretty much man handled him out of car . I went out screaming at him and he started getting in my face . Also this same pig arrested my neighbors kid for dui on the street we live so we all hate the fucker . I always flip him off when he leaves his house at this point he don't even look over at me if I'm out . So fast forward a year or two all his bs caught up with him he got desk duty and early retirement with his pension of course . Also my buddy lived next to a divorced mother with two son's she dated a cop well one night the x came and blasted both their heads off in front of sons . Story in paper about cop getting killed first paragraph was how he worked under cover and was in a string or whatever oh and the suspect got shot 56 times . 56 fucking times . Pretty much they all the same the hothead loser you grew up with now he's got a badge and a gun

1 Like

I don't think its helpful to say there are no good cops. My first reaction is how could you possibly know every cop? Then people dredge up this guilt by association b.s. as an excuse to justify their hatred for the cops. Point being its a non-starter to a lot of people to assert all cops are bad. If you want real police reform and change calling them assholes isn't the best place to start.

@brains481 While you "can't stop being Mexican," you can stop being Muslim if you disavowal the teachings of islam. This is the problem with saying all x are y. Its impossible to know every individual, as they are free thinking individuals, so folks resort to this broad brush well if they choose to be a cop they must be evil. Making assumptions or using profession to define character isn't very fair when applied to one individual, much less across an entire profession. All lawyers are assholes, I mean there has to be at least one exception that makes the rule. Also, if I were to agree with your premiss that there are no good cops, then why not abolish the police entirely? If not a single cop is good, and they are actually inflicting harm on society why would we keep them around in an capacity? I'm no leo fanboy here, but to me they do a job that is very necessary to society. Its not an easy job, and sometimes they fuck up - and when they do they should be held accountable. To say there are no good cops doesn't help to further the discussion of meaningful reform. I hope Mr Blake pulls through and can tell his side of the story, as it doesn't appear good.

2 Likes

I love ice cream, especially on a hot day like today...

2 Likes