The thread for political (in)correctness

Didnt know where else to put this, so decided on own thread.

I teach at a local university as an adjunct; a juvenile delinquency class.

I had assigned a term paper under the (incorrect) assumption that people would know is intended to be a research paper.

Two of my football players (both what I would consider “minority types”) turned in basically the same paper about police brutality.

One of the guys wrote (in the first person) that the reason he does so poorly in school is because he lives in constant fear of being shot and killed by police.

No shit people; it is really that bad.

(I wanted to write “Im sure it has nothing to do with only attending half the classes and playing on your phone the whole time”).

3 Likes

Political incorrectness does not equal overt racism.

Careful, Libs are watching

3 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Or he is playing a hidden card. Using the race issue to get a better grade . If you give him a bad grade You’re a racist. No win

3 Likes

Think like a victim and you basically are one.

5 Likes

I just had a hard time not putting “lol” with an arrow pointing at that statement.

1 Like

Quite frankly, we have been a piece of shit racist country for 300 years, and are still unwilling to admit that the wealth of white people came directly off the backs of the black people, I’m going to say that guy does deserve a D minus, just cause.

Did the cops target his neighborhood during the “drug war”? No matter what grade you give him will he ever get a low interest loan?

The only good thing that came from Trump was undeniable proof we are still and always have been super fucking racist. It was more disgusting when we pretended that wasn’t a real thing.

5 Likes
3 Likes

it’s ok, if biden gets elected, white moderates can go back to pretending everything is perfect and that the way the US works isn’t inherently shitty, and if trump gets re-elected, they can keep hocking their platitudes on facebook. win win!

3 Likes
1 Like

My prediction for this thread’s inglorious future :

3 Likes

Everyone once in a while you have to test your new boundaries. Children do it all the time.

1 Like

no threads getting shutdown, this isn’t .net and thank fuck for that.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think everyone knows that.

Also… 1776? 1778? 1790? Constitution ratification and unification of the federation was… Well not yet 300 years ago.

If you think the USA is a piece of shit racist country, then your ignorance of how things are across the rest of the world is evidence of how truly excellent the American Republic is, modeled after an idealized, ultimately untrue Hellenistic Greece, the French Revolution, and the peaceful ‘Iroquois’ federation government of the Longhouse Peoples of what’s now Upstate New York and into what’s not Ontario… Yeah you’re talking shit, son.

I invite you to come out here into the BIG wide world and have your eyelids peeled back. You don’t even know how many ethnicities you had in your tenth grade homeroom, I guarantee it.

You think “black” and “white” is a real thing out here in the real world? Tell that to the former Yugoslavians.Tell that to Tutsi and the Hutu. Just try it! The next time you sit down with a Sinhalese man and a Tamil man at the same table, tell them all about your fucking “racist piece of shit country,” lol.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s saying that it’s an exception, but in the first world right now, America kinda has everyone beat, especially when you take into account foreign policy, which is especially ironic given America is so ungodly jingoistic and arrogant. I don’t think it’s all that crazy for people to want it to be taken down a peg or two and have people recognize it’s flaws for what they are.

Heres a thing; theres this push to focus on racial disparity in terms of sentencing and incarceration.

I review DOJ arrests stats on a regular basis and when controlled for population representation, African Americans get arrested for homicides, burglary, and robbery @2.5-3x more than whites (latinos a little more than whites, not that drastic of a difference though). The only violent crime which whites commit more of is rape.

So in meetings people will talk about how unfair the judicial system is and I want to be like “but they commit more of the [violent] crimes!” But that would be racist, even if supported by research.

Thats when the creampuffs bring up “implicit bias.” Oh yeah, thats what it is; the cops are totally not arresting the whites for murders they committed…

***I totally get that minimum mandatory sentences targeted minorities, but most of them have been repealed and Obama pardoned/released most of those offenders.

Oh wait…sorry I forgot about the theory that these individuals “have” to commit these crimes because of their state of extreme poverty and the new soup de jour; “generational trauma.”

1 Like

Dude. Bigots are people too! Don’t Judge. :yum:

2 Likes

Sorry if once again you’d like me to solve problems I can’t, this time world wide. I have 1 vote and voice here in America. I do a little with it, not a lot. Exactly what difference do you actually make in the world other than conspiracy and judgement? Have you cured the virus yet?

What I don’t do, which apparently you’d like me to, is excuse behavior based on what everyone else is doing. That’s what we tell ourselves to excuse slavery in the past. Fuck that. I don’t play that. That’s bullshit. Pat yourself on the back some other time.

We can do better, doesn’t matter if we are better than others already.

1 Like