new black midi album soon let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

this might actually be the weirdest music video I've ever seen

1 Like

Thumbs up for the song title being my name and initial but I found the song to be pretty annoying .

Cool video.

My son is also super stoked about this one.

It's a little too much of everything for my chill morning mood.

I honestly think they're the future of rock music. They're that good, and almost no one else sounds like them, except maybe Shellac and Lark's Tongues-era Crimson.

Nope. Zappa and primus did it better

1 Like

Primus are dogshit and Zappa doesn’t really sound anything like this... at all.

mad max thats GIF

This does nothing to increase my confidence in your musical taste.

2 Likes

You can fuck right outta here. Your music cred is shit.

Nah, they’re crap. It’s like everything idiots don’t like about Ween if it was true. Obnoxious in all the wrong ways and a stunning inability to write actual songs (no, wacky voices and what sounds like falling into an out of tune bass doesn’t count)

Haha yah and black midi is the future of elevator music is the sub levels of evergreen inc.

Alright, dude who has never listened to Zappa in his life.

I've listened to ever fred Zappa CD in existence

So you seriously see no parallels between Les Claypool and say, something like this?

God this sounds so much like Zappa!!!!!

No

Well, that’s kind of an odd comparison seeing as that song isn’t representative of that record or Rundgren’s work at large.

If AWATS was just one Da Da Dali after another, yeah, I’d hate that shit.. But for the most part, the difference between that and Primus is like that between Adam Sandler and Mel Brooks. Like, they’re sorta similar and aim for a similar tone, but the execution and quality is so different, ntm the context surrounding each track, which on AWATS, every track is super different, whereas with Primus, it’s the same few nauseating voices, the same impressive but empty virtuosic showing off and the same lack of actually decent songwriting.

thats the joke GIF

You're not funny

1 Like

Well that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Idk, I guess not everyone loves aggressively weird shit as much as I do.