Live Music Videos

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I really like King Crimsons live instrumentation and stage layout aesthetic.

1 Like

Like when you see a King Crimson show, its not a nostalgia act, even though they’ve been around in various forms for 50 years. Yeah, the crowd is a bunch of old farts and they’re probably not going to debut a new song, but the commitment to high art overrides all other aspects of the show.

I saw them at the Ryman in the fall. I think it was my fourth KC show. It was a huge night on their tour and great chunks of the show were obscure material from their least popular eras. They don’t give a fuck; they’re going to play whatever they think is going to carry the best aesthetic, and they’re going to play it tighter than any band you’ve ever heard

3 Likes

I have some 90s bootlegs of Crimson that I really enjoy. They had some pretty crispy Soundboards for some of those shows.

1 Like
2 Likes

Crimson are the epitome of a band that I can’t say I love beyond a few songs, but I have a shitton of respect for. Like just the fucking gall of having three drummers because fuck it, that’s why.

3 Likes

I’m not too into drumming. Frankly, drums are the last thing that I’m going to pay attention to, but jesus these guys do some impressive shit. Recent KC shows are basically a drumming exhibition with wild prog built around it.

2 Likes

currently listening to this. i think live KC might be more my jam than the studio stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like