****General Vinyl Thread****

Put this in the psychedelic thread, but may as well make a general purpose vinyl thread while I'm at it.

Just got my copy of Todd Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star album.

2 Likes

For Christmas a few years ago my mom didnt know what to get me so someone told her I would dig a record player since I’m dig listening to music.

I returned it. Vinyl takes to much care and work and is fragile expensive .

When 8 tracks make a comeback I’m all in.

1 Like

Picked this up in Nashville over the weekend.

Thanks for making the image feature so smooth. A++

1 Like

yoooo HUGE patsy fan. just pre-ordered the third man decca boxset a few days ago, but it won’t be back in press for a month or two. can’t wait for it.

2 Likes

Such a legend! I really need to up my country collection, its looking pretty dismal

need to make some space for new shit so I’m selling off some old stuff I don’t really listen to anymore. Just got rid of my first pressing of Led Zeppellin III.

1 Like

Just got the OST for the game Stardew Valley on wax. :heart:

1 Like

I have NO record stores out here by me. Which sucks. But as soon as the weather starts warming up, I’ll be busting out all my records for Friday night beer drinking in the garage.

1 Like

I still find the vinyl resurgence kind of hilarious.

1 Like

Pretty damn cool. I had no idea this was a thing since I just started play SV a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

In my opinion, and I could be totally off…isn’t it kind of like a money grab since the way of CD’s and shit went bye bye due to streaming???

Anyways. I still love it. I have an OLD record collection, Zep, Tull, ZZ, Van Halen, etc… and I’ve added to it.

1 Like

I feel that way to an extent. Someone sold the aesthetic of “reconnecting” to the music and having something tangible to touch and people bought it hook line and sinker. I’ve listened to plenty of very nice vinyl set ups and every single time I’ve walked away feeling good about my approach of keeping all my digital music in one place on my phone. The stuff I care about is in FLAC format, I have a really nice DAC that’s better than the one on my phone, and the sound quality through my very nice headphones or really anyone’s stereo is perfect. Much of the high end audiophile industry is built around smoke and mirrors too… There’s only so much benefit you gain from using a better capacitor or shielded cable or whatever and it almost never outweighs the added cost. To me vinyl is just more junk to have around the house, and I prefer not having much junk around the house.

3 Likes

big fan and collector. Been knee deep in it for a few years now and have a nice little collection going on. I must say I have a nice little system taboot taboot . Not a trader but a buyer for and at the right price. So if someone is looking to get ride of anything let me know. I will say this and at the moment I’m into at lot of OG pressings of early 80’s new wave and late 70’s glam/punk

2 Likes

I’m gonna be “that guy” and say that, to me, vinyl sounds better. Not in an objectively accurate kinda way, but just the general sound is something my ears really enjoy. There is a warmth to vinyl that I haven’t been able to recreate with digital. I’m sure someone will read this and think “its placebo” and it really could be. But Im just gonna go with what sounds good.

4 Likes

i miss my days of the weekend garage partying. I haven’t had a vinyl record since the 1980’s. I think they all got lost in my many moves as a young adult and Columbia House selling me 11 8-track cartridges for a penny, that they would send each time i signed up under a different name.

7 Likes

Mailman dropped these off today.

2 Likes

I LOVE the artwork on Grant Green’s stuff. I fuck with the vibe so much. Haven’t heard any of them except for Idle Moments but I liked what I heard.

4 Likes

Rare shit here.

2 Likes

Grant green rules. Alive is my favorite of his albums of late .

1 Like

I enjoy digital streaming, but I love records. I used to have a part time job just so I could buy them. It’s not the biggest collection but it’s well over 500 titles.

1 Like