anyone getting a ps5?

didn't get a ps4, but definitely shelling out for this. TLOU2 (backwards compatible) and the Demons Souls remake have me sold alone already.

1 Like

my house is an x-box house, i haven't played on a game system since xbox 360, but my son has the xbox1 and wants the new xbox when it comes out.

what are these systems costing nowadays?

1 Like

Kid has a 4 but wants a gaming pc more than the 5

me and my son built a gaming pc a few years ago. it is still going strong and can handle any game he plays.
I think another year and we will need to upgrade the processor and video card.

6 Likes

Maybe. I usually get both but I'm leaning towards only getting the xbox this time. Game pass has been awesome and Id imagine it'll only get better next gen. I also haven't been very into the PS exclusive lineup since ps3.

I think an xbox, switch, and gaming pc are probably enough lol. Also that thing is gigantic. Not sure if it would even fit anywhere in my tv stand.

I’m sure my kiddos will want it.
We
Will
See

1 Like

Probably in about three years, when there are enough games to justify it.

1 Like

plus the console will be 50% smaller when the make a 2nd generation and have the bugs worked out.

2 Likes

My video game days are long over. I'd consider getting something if someone made a sandbox of mindboggling size, but other than that, they just don't make stuff that appeals to me anymore

1 Like

I learned my lesson buying a PS4 the first week. I’m gonna wait a year or so. Price is ridiculous and it takes months for them to work out all the kinks once it launches.

1 Like

I think this is a little less true now though, the ps4 didn't experience a ton of issues AFAIK unlike the PS3 and 360; my cousin's fat PS3 broke and my 360 got red ring'd within like three years, but I just sold it for parts and got a slim ps3.

what about a good story? The Last of Us made me weep like geedleboo when she kills a fly.

1 Like

It's gotta be a good story and a huge sandbox haha

Skyrim, fallout and mass effect were right up my alley.

1 Like

still have to get around to fallout 4, loved 3 though.

I'd probably rec Metal Gear Solid V or even Dark Souls, there's definitely a similarity to Fallout and Skyrim especially, but it's way more gnarly. The first one is maybe my most played game ever except for GTA Vice City.

2 Likes

I played some of four. It felt a little forced, for lack of a better term. Although, if 3 had some of the same features it would have been the greatest game ever made

Sounds like you would have liked Fallout: New Vegas.

I’ve seen a ton of people say it’s the best one.

It was alright. I thought the whole Caesar's legion thing was pretty hokie, along with some other plot elements. It was basically a less freaky version of Fallout 3.

1 Like

I thought the whole guys running around in old high school football equipment chucking spears was delightfully absurd.:man_shrugging:t3:

New Vegas was a bit jarring because it was a lot more closely connected to 1 & 2, after 3 had gone off and done it's own thing on the east coast.

1 Like

Yeah I never played the first two.

Some of the downloadable content was pretty good

1 Like