another steely dan thread, because they're the best band to ever exist, and if you disagree feel free to eat my ass and balls.

maybe their most underrated song (?)

2 Likes

also, awful take.

1 Like

Saw them at Shoreline in '96. At that time I had only been to shows where everyone stands up and dances. Man, were all those assholes sitting down on the lawn pissed at us...

1 Like

Lol saw them in 2016 in ma between a couple phish shows. They still sit , but it felt good to sit after the 120 degrees show in maine

1 Like

Your ass and balls taste like generic rhythm guitar!

2 Likes

Were they even a band?

1 Like

I saw them on 7/6/15 at Red Rocks. Elvis Costello opened. Rained most of the night, and it wasn’t a warm rain either, considering it was July. I learned a lesson about going to Red Rocks that night.

Yeah.....Steely Dan makes my PP soft.

2 Likes

Looks like @brains481 s mom logged on again and is posting crappy music threads again.

believe me, if my mom logged on, you'd know; I'd be suddenly very anti-semitic.

1 Like

I've always felt that Steely Dan x Frank Zappa is a better description of Phish than anything involving the Grateful Dead.

1 Like

It is my opinion that the things the Dead are best at are the things Phish kind of sucks at, and vice versa.

2 Likes

That’s a solid take

The Dead had way better vocal harmonies in their songs, for one... though Jerry was not the greatest singer, when the band was feeling it those harmonies were really on point. I hate when Trey sings at times

2 Likes

I love the Dan btw

1 Like

When you have to constantly talk about them being good and make threads in support of that ... is evidence of the contrary. Steely Dan sucks balls.

1 Like

really awesome version of Green Flower Street by Fagen's New York Rock & Soul Revue collective in the late 80's. This is right when was coming out of his self-imposed hiatus from the public eye.

can't buy a thrill has moved up a good bit in my rankings, tons of bangers on there that took a while to grow on me, especially kings, midnite cruiser and brooklyn.

fwiw I'd rank the records as

1. Aja
  2. Gaucho
  3. The Royal Scam
  4. Can't Buy A Thrill
  5. Pretzel Logic
  6. Countdown to Ecstasy
  7. Two Against Nature
  8. Katy Lied
  9. Everything Must Go